Thursday, October 07, 2010

gracefully spoken words.. apology

I have to admit something. I have been not only neglecting my blog and making new posts, but I've also been doing it selfishly. This world has many cooks and is searching for chefs, the guys who have the ideas. For a while, I hesitated putting up lyrics beacuse I feared they were compromised online; I also didn't post certain thoughts because they were my favorite thoughts. I have ideas, but how often do I forget theat these very ideas come into my mind and not other minds only by the grace of God? My stuardship over the thoughts that God gives me is really directly related to the value I place over these thoughts. My originality and creativity as well; one day I could wake up and my ability to think could be very much gone!

No, my blog should be to encourage, to urge and spur people towards what is right, and it shouldn't be "me" centralized. Afterall, I originally started it to be an encouragement to anyone who may happen to stumble upon it. I guess I've just noticed a pattern in my writing, it's getting cockier and more obnoxious. That's really not what I want someone who takes time out of their life to read my words to come away with, thoughts about what a nice idea I have. I wish to communicate gracefully the art in my emotional labor. Art is, after all, a gift! If art ceases to be a gift, I think that it ceases to be art. The fact that is given at a great cost to the artist is the value that changes the culture, not the thing itself. Just think about people who copy the Mona Lisa ten times a day with oil paint to turn over a profit. that's not art; that's just a sad misrepresentation of the true inpired work.

No comments:

Post a Comment